CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAYS WITH YOUR KIDS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Kiddy Travel loves the Holiday season. There are so many things to do with your kids starting with fantastic tree lightings, driving around the neighborhood looking at all the Christmas lights and decorations, dressing up in beautiful winter clothes and going for a snow ball fight, or even taking the family to see Santa Claus can uplift any spirit. If you are looking for fun activities to do with your kids, outside of shopping, read more about what Kiddy Travel experts have enjoyed.
- The North Pole Express in Fillmore: You and your kids can ride in your pajamas in this adventurous train that picks Santa up at the “North Pole” Wednesday through Sunday from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Adults pay $29 and children two to twelve years old pay $19.
- The Newport Harbor Christmas Parade: Enjoy a parade like no other! Watch homes, yachts, docks, and landscapes with thousands of lights that make you live a magical holiday experience. The boats have two nightly departures from Thanksgiving week through December.
- Breakfast with Santa Claus at the Farm of Beverly Hills at the Grove: experience having a buffet breakfast with Santa and his helpers while taking lots of pictures every Saturday and Sunday until December 12th. Adults pay $30 and children pay $12.
- Take pictures with Santa at the Grove and enjoy some Christmas Caroles while waiting: visit Santa at his house and take a fabulous picture for your Christmas cards. You can enjoy some Holiday music with live performances and Carolers while you wait or just chase the snowflakes after 7 pm.
- The Nutcracker performance: Don’t forget to take your little ballerinas to a spectacular show. Dance Studio 84 performs the Nutcracker several times during the weekend of the 11th and 12th at Hart High Auditorium and the Santa Clarita Ballet Company performs the weekend of the 18th at College of the Canyons. http://www.dancestudio84.com/
- Holiday Block Party at the River Oaks Shopping Center: Enjoy a photo with Santa, free gift wrapping, free arts and crafts and live entertainment Saturday, December 11th at 1 pm.
- Send a letter to Santa: Have your kids write a letter and drop it to Santa in his personal mailbox located in One Colorado Courtyard 54 Hugus Alley. Expect Santa to answer all his letters in his personal stationary a few days later.
- Canyon Theater Guild presents “A Christmas Carol:” You can take the family to an old time classic located on Main Street, Old Town Newhall. Tickets are $12 for juniors and $17 for adults.
- Santa Clarita Master Chorale at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center: don’t miss some Holiday singing with the “Masters” On December 4th and 5th. But, if you are into Mariachis, wait for the “Fiesta Navidad” performance on December 10th.
- Holiday Sing A Long at the Disney Concert Hall: One of the Most beautiful modern structures of Los Angeles offers a Sing a long to the most spiritually uplifting song of the Holidays.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Henry Mayo: Feel the sense of belonging to a great community on December 5th as the community gets together to light up their tree. Santa will be there shaking everyone’s hands and kids can do some free arts and crafts.
- Outdoor Skating Rink at Pershing Square in Los Angeles: be surrounded by beautiful Los Angeles buildings while you ice skate to live entertainment for only $6.
- Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena: This New Year’s Day tradition is broadcast globally and be on the top of your list! Your kids will get to see the flower covered floats, marching bands, and beautiful horses. But, if you are not able to make it that day, you may still see the floats days after the parade.