An Adventurous Day at Seaworld
Located in San Diego, this magnificent park offers all kinds of entertainment for children of all ages. You can see shark tanks, turtle reefs, arcades, and rides. But, you haven’t seen it all if you didn’t watch birds and dolphins work together to amaze the SeaWorld crowd in one show. Stop by for a little comedy with the Pet’s rule show and before you leave the park see the new members of the Shamu family!
What Families Should Know:
- There are always discounts offered if you are a AAA member or if you are an expert at googling discounts. We found a $50 discount through Subway. Otherwise, you will pay $69.99 for children over 10 and adults or $61.99 for children between 3 to 9 years old. Parking is an additional $14.00 per vehicle.
- All shows, aquariums, and rides are included with the admission tickets.
- Seaworld is located in the bay. We recommend layering your family. It could get pretty warm in the early afternoon and very windy in the evening even during the summer.
- There is an inspection point before you go into the park. Drinks other than waters are not allowed inside. Although their website says that snacks are not allowed either, we were able to sneak some cereal bars, gold fish, cheese sticks, and fruit.
- You can rent a locker for $9.00 or use the lockers located inside the Sesame Street Bay of Play, at the Entrance of the Journey to Atlantis or Shipwreck Rapids for $1.25.
- Stroller rental fees are $12.00 for a single stroller or $17.00 for a double stroller. Bring your own stroller to the park and save the money for lunch!
- All shows are 25 minutes long so plan your visit ahead by getting to the park at opening hours if you want to see all the shows and visit all the exhibitions.
- Park hours during the week are 10 am to 6 pm, but they change to 9 am during the weekends.
What Families shouldn’t Miss:
- The Shamu Show “ One Ocean,” with Shamu and the new family members, you will see and experience life under the ocean with an educational and inspiring show.
- The Wild Arctic exhibition has the beluga whales, polar bears, and walruses that you can watch closely and take pictures with.
- The Blue Horizons Show with black vouchers, macaws, whales, and dolphins who take Delphis, the dolphin spirit of the sea, and Aurora, the bird spirit of the sky into a magical journey.
- If your children are tired of being strolled around the park and need a little break, take them to Sesame Street Bay of Play, where they will enjoy some fun at the gigantic Sesame Street playground! They can also ride Oscar’s Rockin’ Eels and Abby’s Sea Star Spin with a parent if they are under 42” tall or Elmo’s Flying Fish with a parent if they are 48” tall.
- The Pet’s Rule show that displays wonderfully trained pets such as pigs, dogs, cats, ducks, and doves in a comedy show.
- The Turtle Reef allows everyone to get a closer look and take pictures of seven different types of sea turtles such as hawksbills, loggerheads, and leatherbacks of all sizes.
- Don’t forget the Shark Encounter which lets you see the sharks inside the largest viewing tunnel. It was a fascinating experience!